Devonshire Recruiting & Consulting Partners is hiring an experienced Data Quality Analyst to join the team. This individual will bring technical expertise working with structured data to ensure its quality and accuracy. They will collect data from various sources, cleanse and prepare it, analyze the results, and interpret them to identify trends and patterns.
The data quality team and wider project teams will collaborate to create reports, dashboards, and other visualizations to provide insights to management and business leaders. This will support data quality and decision-making efforts.
They will cooperate with a wide peer group, including business analysts, data modelers, technical data custodians, and data stewards, to ensure alignment of business rules, validation rules, data quality standards, and critical data asset sub-policies and controls.
- Identify data sources and conduct profiling and audits to enhance data quality and address specific issues.
- Create and improve reliable and effective review procedures to support data quality
- Perform root cause analysis, pattern analysis, and other validation procedures to detect errors.
- Research data lineage and help perform benchmark analysis to prove the value of metadata; recommend benchmarks and metrics for critical data elements.
- Detect, assess, and resolve (cleanse) data quality issues by implementing validation rules for evaluating data quality relative to business rules and previous trends.
- Monitor and review data entered into systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Adhere to industry standards and apply third-party data to correct any errors.
- Present findings, suggestions, system improvements, action plans, and analytical representations.
- Focus on metadata conformity, helping to certify the work of the data stewards, the gatekeepers for the metadata repository.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of Customer data quality dashboards.
- Create a change backlog to proactively prevent data quality errors in data source systems.
- Contribute to the resolution of all internal data exceptions promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that Data Quality activities align with the data modeling standards of the organization.
- Build interpersonal relationships with users within the department and across the organization. Interact to resolve any data quality issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field.
- 3-5 years experience with data, especially in data management or governance.
- Ability to influence others to improve ways of working and buy into new processes
- A service mindset and strong love for data.
- Technically seasoned with an understanding of databases, systems, and schema design.
- Outstanding attention to detail and meticulous approach to work.
- Excellent problem resolution, organization, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the energy, utility industry and knowledge of jurisdictional data regulations is a plus.
- Able to navigate data structures and models.
- Proficient in the use of SQL, MDM, and Snowflake.
- Experience with Informatica EDC (Enterprise Data Catalog), CDQ (Cloud Data Quality), Axon, and Reltio.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org